- Please report the outage and damaged equipment by calling 1 800 790-2424.
- Your assistance is important. Hydro-Québec uses customer reports to determine the extent of an outage.
- If the outage seems to be widespread, listen to the radio for more information.
After reporting the outage, follow these steps:
- Turn off any electrical appliances that were on, to prevent them from coming back on when the power is restored.
- Note: Refrigerators and freezers are the exception to this rule; do not unplug them. For more information, consult food conservation recommendations from the Ministère de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation (in French only).
- Unplug all your computers and other electronics to prevent damage from possible voltage surges when the power comes back on. This is especially important if they are not protected by a surge suppressor.
- If you heat with electricity, set all of your thermostats to zero to avoid overloading the distribution system when power is restored.
- Leave two lights on—one inside and one outside. This will let you know when power has been restored, and will also help emergency crews identify the houses that are still without power.
If the outage persists >>>
© Hydro-Québec, 1996-2013. All rights reserved.