Vegetation is too close to a medium-voltage line
What to do
- If the vegetation catches fire, call 911!
- The operator will notify the fire department and Hydro-Québec.
- NEVER attempt to put out a fire near a medium-voltage line.
If you are worried that vegetation may be too close to a medium-voltage line or if you see sparks:
- Contact Hydro-Québec.
- Describe the problem.
- Say who owns the tree (the city, you, a neighbor, etc.).
- Hydro-Québec will respond as quickly as possible, depending on the potential danger involved.
- Safety Warning
By law, only Hydro-Québec or a professional tree trimmer authorized by Hydro-Québec is allowed to perform any work that might require a person, part of a tree or a tool to come within three metres of a medium-voltage line. In such cases, contact Hydro-Québec before pruning or cutting down any tree.
Don't just take our word for it! Watch what can happen when...
© Hydro-Québec, 1996-2013. All rights reserved.